The class’ atmosphere is very relaxed, friendly and we are positive you will gain enough knowledge to give you the confidence to start baking sourdough at home.
This is an Online Event done through Skype.
It is Live, not based on Video tutorials.
The groups are very small so we can make sure everyone is following the steps and techniques correctly.
In this class you will learn:
- how to feed and refresh your starter - (we will provide it in the essential kit)
- gain an understanding and knowledge about sourdough and how to work with it
- learn about different flours, ingredients, techniques
- specific ways to knead and develop the dough and prepare classical Italian Focaccia and Ciabatta
You will need to have:
- 2 small or 1 large shallow baking tray/s
- Another shallow tray to bake your focaccia
- the following ingredients :
- extra virgin Olive oil
- Sea salt
- ( anything you would like to decorate your focaccia with- cherry tomatoes, red onion, rosemary , oregano, olives, etc)
- Baking paper
We will provide:
- Mature Starter
- Italian flour
- Olive oil
- …and some other bakers essential additions
You will need to have Skype installed on your device - laptop or tablet as well as on your phone so you can get notifications.
The Class will start at 5.00pm on Thursday and finish by 8.30pm
On Friday we will start again at the same time and will finish approximately at 8pm.
On Wednesday we will open a closed Skype chat room where we will provide essential information about the Starter and will give instructions. It is type only chat room.
~It is very important that everyone takes part in this activity.~
Please contact us if you need more information.
The group is maximum of 6 people so we are able to support and “visit” everyone in their kitchens.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our class.